- information about companies or partnerships unless and to the extent that the information disclosed is specific to identifiable individuals of the company or firm.
What sort of information does Escape Bookkeeping Pty Ltd collect?
Escape Bookkeeping Pty Ltd collects information (“the Information”) about you in several different ways:
- We collect information when you engage the firm to provide you with bookkeeping / business support services.
- When you send an e-mail or other correspondence to us, collect and store the details and contents of the email / correspondence.
- In certain circumstances we will collect personal information from a third party, such as the Australian Taxation Authority (ATO), or from your financial institution or Accountant. In these situations we will inform you that we have obtained the information.
- We collect information in relation to business associates and contacts as part of the development of ongoing business relationships.
What happens if you do not provide the information?
If you do not provide information as outlined above we may be unable to adequately provide you with the services you require. Where you do not provide information the specific consequences in relation to the service being provided to you will be communicated to you by Escape Bookkeeping Pty Ltd at that time.
Why does Escape Bookkeeping Pty Ltd collect the information and how is your information used by Escape Bookkeeping Pty Ltd?
Escape Bookkeeping Pty Ltd collects the information to provide you with a specific bookkeeping / business support service. For example, we may use the information you provide us with to establish your account with Xero accounting software.
Escape Bookkeeping Pty Ltd also uses the Information to send you information (either by e-mail or post) that you request. If at any time you receive material that you did not request or do not want to receive such material any more, send an email directly to email@example.com
Escape Bookkeeping Pty Ltd may also from time to time use the Information to send you information that has not been explicitly requested, for example, other information that may be relevant to your business. If the Information is to be used for any other purpose that is not considered to be the primary purpose for collection of that information, Escape Bookkeeping Pty Ltd will obtain prior consent from you for the use of that information.
Who does Escape Bookkeeping Pty Ltd disclose personal information to?
Escape Bookkeeping Pty Ltd does not share personal information with third parties except as necessary to carry out our business or as required by law or other legal processes. In such situations we will obtain consent from you prior to disclosing information.
Escape Bookkeeping Pty Ltd will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any personal information obtained from you unless you consent.
How will Escape Bookkeeping Pty Ltd keep your personal information secure?
Escape Bookkeeping Pty Ltd has security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the Information under its control.
These security measures include:
- restricted access to our premises and physical records;
- password protection and firewalls to protect electronic information;
Information that is no longer required to be held to enable Escape Bookkeeping Pty Ltd to provide services to you is destroyed. Where such information is required for statutory purposes it is maintained until such time that it is no longer required.
Correcting and updating your profile
Escape Bookkeeping Pty Ltd gives you the following options for accessing and modifying Information previously provided:
- You may gain access to Information that Escape Bookkeeping Pty Ltd has collected about you, by contacting the person named below. We will not charge you for responding to such a request, unless we incur costs in providing the information.
- You may contact the person named below to notify Escape Bookkeeping Pty Ltd of corrections or updates to the information we have collected about you.
Escape Bookkeeping Pty Ltd
CASULA MALL NSW 2170
Ph: 1300 XSCAPE (1300 972 273)
Additional information about Privacy can be obtained from the Australian Federal Government, Office of the Australian Information Commissioner